Monday, February 1, 2010

Wooden Surfboard Building FAQs

Q: How long will it take for me to build my own hollow wood surfboard?
A: Well, it's hard to say for sure, but I would say about a month for your first one, depending on your woodworking knowledge. It takes me about a week, since I have the jigs made and everything that I need.

Q: How long will it take to get my plans?
A: Plans will be sent via email usually with 4 hrs of purchase.

Q: How much will it cost me to build one of these wooden surfboards?
A: It depends greatly on what kind of wood you use and where you buy it. You could make one for free using reclaimed lumber! If you bought all the wood at Lowe's or Home Depot, it should cost from $100-$250 (ripping cedar 2x6s) or a lot more for pre cut lumber or other species (not including glass)

Q: How much does it cost to glass one of these boards?
A: Using cheap resin you could glass one for about $60, epoxy is about twice that amount, paying for it to get done can be $250 and up, depending.

Q: Why cedar?
A: Cedar is beautiful wood, the grain is very diverse, colors can vary dramatically for wonderful effects, it is light, cheap, mold and rot resistant, stronger than balsa, easy to work with, readily available, and to top it all off, it smells really good!

Q: Why should i build a wooden surfboard?
A: Why not?

Q: I would like to test drive one of your boards? Is that possible?
A: Absolutely! These are all that I surf anymore, so they are always in the water. We can swap boards in the water for a couple waves, as long as you know what you are doing and can stay out of the shore pound! Are you going to be in the Cocoa Beach area soon?

More Questions?? Visit us at TimelessSurfCompany.com
Buy the book, get free blueprints now at
www.TimelessSurfCompany.com

Buy our Soft Cover @ Lulu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Wooden Surfboard Builders